New and Notable Happenings at Holy Spirit
- WEDNESDAY EVENING EUCHARIST will be held on Wednesday, July 26 at 6:00 pm.
- THE TRANSFIGURATION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST will be celebrated on Sunday, Aug 6.
BECOMING GOOD NEWS
- FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY. This nine-week class will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and more. Class begins on Tuesday, Aug 1 from 6:30-8:30 pm and runs for nine weeks. Registration packets are available in the office. The price of the class is $93.
- BACKPACK BLESSING. For this year’s Blessing of the Backpacks, we are collecting school supply donations for our neighborhood school, Mountainview Elementary. If you would like to participate in this outreach opportunity, please bring items from the requested supplies list on Sunday, Aug 20. Requested supplies: Kleenex, glue sticks, hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, and dry erase markers.
- CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL NEEDS. We need of at least one more teacher and two more second adults for Sunday School. If this is something you are interested in, please contact Liz.
- SAFEGUARDING GODS CHILDREN. There will be Safeguarding God’s Children class on Saturday, Aug 26 at 9:00 am.
- CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL. Children’s Sunday School will resume on Sunday, Aug 6.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. On Aug 6, we start a two-week series on Richard Sib’s’ “The Bruised Reed”, on how to receive and share God’s grace. On Aug 20, we start our Fall study, led by Preston Yancey, on Exodus, the story of God leading his people from slavery and through the wilderness of uncertainty before they reach the Promised Land. In our times of transition, it is a story we need to hear afresh.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY. From Aug 2-16, we have a three-week study on 2 Thessalonians. Starting Aug 23, we study Romans with our beloved N.T. Wright study guides. Thessalonians deals with a church anxious about the future, while Romans gives a great survey of core Christian beliefs. Join us at 7:00 pm in the Parish Hall after 6:00 pm Eucharist and dinner.
- ALTAR FLOWERS. Sept 17 is open for altar flowers. The cost for the altar arrangements can be $40, $50, or $60. This can be paid with a check indicating “Altar Flowers” on the memo line. Call the parish office to sign up.
SHARING GOOD NEWS
- FOOD & FELLOWSHIP. Patti’s Kitchen will be providing lunch for everyone who would like to partake. The suggested donation is $5.00 a person, cash preferred. Our next catered luncheon will be Friday, July 28. Please call or e-mail Shari (firstname.lastname@example.org), by Wednesday, July 26 if you plan to attend. Reservations must be made monthly.
- JUST A REMINDER. Coffee and donuts will be served in the Narthex after the Sunday service. You might meet new friends and enjoy going to Sunday brunch!
(Sign up to receive this weekly in your email below)