New and Notable Happenings at Holy Spirit
- HEALING SERVICE & HOLY COMMUNION will be held on Jan 3 at 6:00 pm.
- EPIPHANY will be celebrated on Saturday, Jan 6, at 6:00 pm.
BECOMING GOOD NEWS
- 2018 ALTAR FLOWERS. The 2018 altar flower sign up chart is located in the parish hall. The cost for the altar arrangements can be $40, $50, or $60. This can be paid with a check indicating “Altar Flowers” on the memo line. Call the parish office to sign up. This Sunday, Jan 7 is open. If you are interested please contact the office.
- 2018 COMMITMENT CARDS can be found on the table outside the Nave.
- ANNUAL PARISH MEETING is Sunday, Jan 14 at 9:00 am in the parish hall. Vestry elections will be held and a review of 2017 and a preview of 2018 will also be discussed. Be sure to join us!
- FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY begins on Thursday, Jan 11 at 6:30 pm in the library. Please contact Parker Lockhart at firstname.lastname@example.org or the parish office to sign up. The cost of the class is $93 and runs for eight weeks. Preregistration is required.
- DISCOVERY CLASS. Our next class begins on Wednesday, Jan 17 at 7:00 pm. Contact Liz Ward if you are interested. The sign-up deadline is Jan. 11.
- ACOLYTE TRAINING will be held on Saturday, Jan 20 at 10:00 am. If you are interested in becoming an Acolyte, please join us. All current members are encouraged to attend.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL (9 am, Parish Hall). We will be starting a five-week Epiphany study on The Golden Booklet of the True Christian Life by John Calvin on Jan 14. Each week we will cover a new chapter in the book, each covering an important part of Christian life.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY (7 pm, Parish Hall). We are using the N.T. Wright study guides ($8 suggested donation) for our Romans study, which resumes on Jan 10. We then start a study of 2 Corinthians on Jan 17. The study follows Eucharist at 6 pm and dinner ($5 suggested donation) at 6:30. Bring your Bibles and come on down!
SHARING GOOD NEWS
- COFFEE HOUR. Coffee and a light breakfast will be served in the parish hall after the 10:30 service on Sunday morning.
(Sign up to receive this weekly in your email below)