New and Notable Happenings at Holy Spirit
- HEALING SERVICE & HOLY COMMUNION will be held on Sept 13 at 6:00 pm.
- INSTRUCTED EUCHARIST. We will have an Instructed Eucharist at both services on Sunday, Oct 1.
BECOMING GOOD NEWS
- CELEBRATION OF CARING. Join us on Sunday, Sept 24 after the 10:30 service to celebrate those who serve our neighborhood and the city. Local organizations will be on hand to showcase what they do and answer your questions. There will be a bake sale with proceeds going to the new Children’s playground. All you can eat hotdogs; bring a friend!
- BAKE SALE. To support our goal of building a new toddler playground, the children’s ministry will be hosting a bake sale this Sunday, the 24th. Anyone who would like to support this effort is welcome to bring baked goods to sell. Remember to bring cash on Sunday, and stop by our table to learn about our playground plans!
- PHASE ONE DISCUSSION. Grab some food after service (or pack it beforehand) and join us on Sunday Oct 1, from 12:15 to 1:00 pm, for a CONGREGATIONAL BROWNBAG in the Parish Hall to discuss what’s next on our Master Plan. We will tell the story of how we got here, paint a picture of where we are, and lay out a roadmap for the coming weeks and months, with opportunity for feedback and questions. Don’t worry: we will not be asking for capital campaign pledges or increases. This is an opportunity to hear what exciting things lie ahead!
- NEWCOMER DISCOVERY CLASS. All newcomers are invited to participate in a new discovery class on Wednesday nights during the month of October. Holy Spirit is home to people at all places in life, and it is our hope that this four-week long introduction to the Episcopal faith will offer fruitful conversation and personal reflection for Christians at any point in their spiritual journey. In this class, we will spend time reflecting on the basic tenets of our faith, how to pursue spiritual maturity, how to discern our spiritual gifts, and how to continue the Christian mission. If you are interested in participating in this class, please contact Liz by Wednesday, Sept 27 as registration is required.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. Preston Yancey leads our study on Exodus, the story of God leading his people from slavery and through the wilderness of uncertainty before they reach the Promised Land. In our times of transition, it is a story we need to hear afresh.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY. We are studying Romans with our beloved N.T. Wright study guides. Romans gives a great survey of core Christian beliefs. Join us at 7:00 pm in the Parish Hall after 6:00 pm Eucharist and dinner.
SHARING GOOD NEWS
- FOOD & FELLOWSHIP. Patti’s Kitchen will be providing lunch for everyone who would like to partake. The suggested donation is $5.00 a person, cash preferred. Our next catered luncheon will be Friday, Sept 29. Please call or e-mail Shari (email@example.com), by Wednesday, Sept 27 if you plan to attend. Reservations must be made each month.
- COFFEE HOUR. Coffee and donuts will be served in the parish hall after the 10:30 service on Sunday morning.
(Sign up to receive this weekly in your email below)