New and Notable Happenings at Holy Spirit
- FEAST OF ST. MATTHEW will be celebrated on Friday, Sep 21 at 6:00 pm.
- HEALING SERVICE & HOLY COMMUNION will be held Wednesday, Sep 26 at 6:00 pm.
- ST. MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS will be celebrated on Saturday, Sep 29 at 6:00 pm.
SHARING GOOD NEWS
- NURSERY WORKERS NEEDED. We are looking to hire two nursery workers to care for our younger children and babies. The positions are paid and include hours on Sunday mornings and the possibility of work on Wednesday evenings and for special events. If you have questions or are interested, please contact Preston Yancey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes with references are appreciated.
- ESC MEALTRAIN. The Episcopal Student Center hosts meals on Thursday and Sunday nights for students at Baylor, MCC, and TSTC. We reach out to students and welcome them with a warm home cooked meal in order to allow them to experience the hospitality of Christ. The website to sign up and support the ESC is: https://mealtrain.com/0ne22v
- ECW ANNUAL RETREAT. Save the date: Oct 12-14 at Camp Allen for the Episcopal Diocese of Texas Annual Retreat for Women. Plan on a weekend of relaxation, reflections, workshops, good food and friends. Contact Carol Stukenbroeker with any questions.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. “Thee, O God we praise”: A Study of the Canticles, meets 8:30-8:55 in the Library, led by Matt Anderson; Luke: Jesus the King, meets 10:15-11:05 in the Parish Hall, led by Preston Yancey. Please read Luke 1-2 for 9/23 and Luke 3-4 for 9/30; and, School of Prayer meets 10:15-11:05 in the library, led by Fr. Jason and Mthr. Bobbi.
- CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL. Children aged 3-7 and 8-12 meet in the Education Wing from 10:15-11:05. The 3-7s are continuing their discovery of the Creation Story and the 8-12s are continuing their exploration of Covenant.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT FAITH AND FICTION. We are reading Flannery O’Connor’s short story “A Good Man is Hard to Find” on 9/26 and “The Life You Save May Be Your Own” on 10/3. Eucharist at 6, dinner at 6:45, discussion at 7. Childcare provided. Please join us! Books and bookmarks in the Parish Hall if you need a copy!
- TUESDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY. Join us for our ongoing discussion of “Twelve Ordinary Men.” All are welcome. 10am in the Parish Hall. Led by Joyce Stokes.
(Sign up to receive this weekly in your email below)