New and Notable Happenings at Holy Spirit
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS will be observed Wednesday evenings Mar 7-28 at 6:00 pm in the Parish Hall.
- HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE. Mar 25-Palm Sunday; Mar 29-Maundy Thursday; Mar 30-Good Friday (joint service at St. Alban’s); Mar 31-Holy Saturday. See the website for a full breakdown. Please note: The Good Friday joint service is at St. Alban’s at 7:00 pm.
BECOMING GOOD NEWS
- EASTER LILY ORDERS. Return your Easter lily order form along with $11 no later than Monday, Mar 26.
- EASTER EGG OUTREACH. The older school aged Sunday School Class service project this semester is hosting an Easter Egg hunt with one of our community partners. We are still working out the details, but we will need empty Easter Eggs. We will also need treats to put in the empty Easter Eggs like candy and stickers. Please drop off donations in the brightly decorated box located in the Parish Hall. We will take donations through Mar 25. Thank you!
- HOLY SPIRIT T-SHIRTS. Through the month of March, we are selling Holy Spirit t-shirts as a fundraiser for our new playground. You can order a shirt in blue or grey, and they will cost $20 each. If you are interested in placing an order, you may email Liz Ward at email@example.com or fill out the order form in the Parish Hall. Payment is due by Easter Sunday, Apr 1.
- GARAGE SALE. It’s almost time for our annual Holy Spirit Garage Sale and we need your help! The garage sale will take place on a Saturday, Apr 21. Here’s how you can help: Donate stuff (but please no electronics older than 10 years), help us set up on Friday, pick up things from the homes of those who can’t get their things to the church, work the garage sale, take the leftovers to charitable organizations, and help clean up afterwards. We always have a large crowd, the more help we get the better. LOOK FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON DONATION DROP-OFF AFTER EASTER. Proceeds will help support Pack of Hope, Waco Diaper Bank, and Waco ISD Adopt-a-School program. Any questions please see Karen Reynolds or call her at 749-2573. Let’s beat last year’s total of $1,900!
- PARISH DIRECTORY. We are beginning work on an updated photo directory. To help us, please update your family photo in CCB. Details and instructions will be in the April newsletter. Easter is a great time to get those new family photo’s!
- KIOSK. Due to construction and spotty internet access the Kiosk has temporarily been moved to the library. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- TUESDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY is studying Twelve Ordinary Men by John MacArthur. Book & workbook are $20 (scholarships available).
- GENERAL CONVENTION. The Diocese of Texas will host the 79th General Convention of the Episcopal Church in Austin, July 5-13, 2018 and we need volunteers for many different tasks on many different days to share our unique Texas hospitality with Episcopalians from around the country and the world. please go to our Volunteer page or Facebook page to learn more and to sign up!
SHARING GOOD NEWS
- COFFEE HOUR. Coffee and snacks will be served in the parish hall after the 10:30 service on Sunday morning.
(Sign up to receive this weekly in your email below)