New and Notable Happenings at Holy Spirit
- HEALING SERVICE & HOLY COMMUNION will be held Wednesday, Jan 16 at 6:00 pm.
- THE CONFESSION OF ST. PETER will be celebrated Friday, Jan 18 at 12:15 pm.
- THE CONVERSION OF ST. PAUL will be celebrated Friday, Jan 25 at 12:15 pm.
SHARING GOOD NEWS
- FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY. This nine-week class will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and more. Class begins on Thursday, Jan 10 from 6:30-8:30 pm and runs for nine weeks. You can register online at: https://www.financialpeace.com/purchase/financial-peace#register
- BISHOP’S VISIT. We will have a Bishop’s Visit at 11:15 service on Feb 10. If you are interested in being received into the Episcopal Church or being confirmed, please speak with Fr. Jason, Mthr. Bobbi, or Preston to learn more.
- ANNUAL PARISH MEETING is Sunday, Jan 20 at 8:30 and 10:15 in the parish hall. Vestry elections and a review of 2018 will be held. Be sure to join us!
- 2019 ALTAR FLOWERS. The 2019 altar flower sign up chart is located in the parish hall. The cost for the altar arrangements can be $40, $50, or $60. This can be paid with a check indicating “altar flowers” on the mem line. Pick your date and sign up.
- HOLY SPIRIT GARAGE SALE. We are making plans for our Holy Spirit Parish Wide Garage Sale 2019! The proceeds will go to charitable organizations in our community. Would you like to join in the fun and help others in our community? Please let Karen Reynolds know that you want to be on the Garage Sale Committee at 254-749-2573.
- NURSERY WORKERS NEEDED. We are looking to hire two nursery workers to care for our younger children and babies. The positions are paid and include hours on Sunday mornings and the possibility of work on Wednesday evenings and for special events. If you have questions or are interested, please contact Preston Yancey at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shari Pauley at email@example.com. Resumes with references are appreciated.
- EXPLORATION EVENINGS. Is God calling you to deeper faith at Holy Spirit? Designed for newcomers and oldtimers alike, Exploration Evenings dig into Holy Spirit Episcopal Church’s identity and beliefs. Dinner and conversation begins at 5:00 pm on Jan 12 with a service of Holy Eucharist to follow at 6:00. Childcare is provided. This is the first of three-monthly sessions that orient us to Holy Spirit’s life and ministry and invite us to grow into a deeper life of faith with this church family.
- THE SLATE HAS BEEN SET. The slate has been set for the next Bishop Suffragan. For more information: https://www.epicenter.org/article/slate-for-bishop-suffragan-announced/
- EPIPHANYTIDE REFLECTIONS are available on the tables in the narthex. They cover the full week of appointed Scripture readings and some suggestions about beginning prayer practices out of the Book of Common Prayer.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. “Praying the Bible: Lectio Divina,” an introduction to prayerful meditation upon the Scriptures, meets 8:30-8:55 in the Library, led by Preston Yancey; “Women in the Bible,” a close reading of the lives of several key women in the Scriptures, meets 10:10-11:00 in the Parish Hall, led by Mthr. Bobbi, Margaret Sutherland, and Karen Dobson. “The Life of David,” an exploration of David over the course of the Scriptures, meets 10:10-11:00 in the Library, led by Carl Spain.
- CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL. Children aged 3-7 and 8-12 meet in the Education Wing from 10:10-11:05. The 3-7s are learning about the early life of Jesus and the 8-12s are learning about the early ministry of Jesus.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT FAITH AND FICTION. We begin our next book, Silence, by Shūsaku Endō. Please read the Chapters 4 and 5 for 01/16/19. Additional copies are available on request for $10 or pay what you can. Wednesday evening Eucharist at 6, dinner at 6:45, discussion at 7. Come and enjoy the fellowship! Childcare provided.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOOD AND FAITH. Stop by the kitchen beginning at 5 PM for light discussion on faith, a beverage, and to help out a bit in prepping the dinner. All skill levels welcome.
(Sign up to receive this weekly in your email below)