New and Notable Happenings at Holy Spirit
- THE FEAST OF ST MARY MAGDALENE will be celebrated on Monday, July 23, at 6:00 pm.
- THE FEAST OF ST JAMES THE APOSTLE will be celebrated on Wednesday, July 25, at 6:00 pm.
BECOMING GOOD NEWS
- CLEAN-UP HELP NEDED! We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join in a building-wide post-construction clean-up effort on Sunday, July 29 at 12 pm. Help prep the Narthex, Nave and Parlor for our grand reopening on Saturday, Aug 4. All efforts will be appreciated. Free pizza lunch will be served. Sign-up sheets are on the table in the Parish Hall.
- SCHOOL SUPPLY NEEDS. Between now and Aug 8, we will be collecting the following supplies to assist the teachers and students of Mountainview Elementary: Facial Tissue, Hand Sanitizer, Glue sticks, Dry erase markers, and Clorox wipes. Bring supplies to church and we will include them when we have our Backpack Blessings service on Sunday, Aug 12. If you would be interested in partnering with the school in other ways throughout the year, please let Mother Bobbi know.
- GREETER TRAINING POST RENOVATION! Calling all greeters! Aug 4-5 is our grand re-opening weekend, and we will need greeters for both the ribbon-cutting (Aug 4) and our first services (Aug 5). The space is all-new, so the way we greet our guests will also be new. A sign-up sheet can be found in the parish hall.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. “So that You Might Believe: Why and How We Worship.” This summer series explores elements of Episcopal worship from the perspective of their participation in the overall biblical narrative. Led by Preston Yancey.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY. We are reading and discussing Alexander Schmemann’s seminal work For the Life of the World: Sacraments and Orthodoxy. We meet in the Parish Hall following the 6 PM Eucharistic service. Dinner is provided. For July 18, read Chapter 2, “The Eucharist”, for July 25, read Chapter 3, “Time”.
- TEACHERS & HELPERS NEEDED. We need teachers and helpers for Children’s Sunday School beginning in August. One teacher and two helpers are still needed. This commitment is during the Sunday School hour of 9-10 currently, 10-11 when we move to three services. If you are interested, please contact Preston Yancey at email@example.com as soon as possible
(Sign up to receive this weekly in your email below)