New and Notable Happenings at Holy Spirit
- HEALING SERVICE & HOLY COMMUNION will be held Wednesday, May 9 at 6:00 pm.
- FEAST OF THE ASCENSION will be celebrated on Thursday, May 10, at 6:00 pm.
- THE FEAST OF PENTECOST will be celebrated on Sunday, May 20.
- TRINITY SUNDAY will be celebrated on Sunday, May 27.
BECOMING GOOD NEWS
- ECW. The ECW will meet this Saturday, May 12, at 10:30 am in the church library. Please note the change of location. Hopefully, this will not be a long meeting. No refreshment will be served.
- UTO SPRING INGATHERING. United Thank Offering (UTO) Spring Ingathering is May 13-20. The United Thank Offering is a long-standing tradition in the Episcopal Church. Placing “thankful coins” in the Blue Box is also a tradition, rich in spirituality and love. Envelopes and boxes are available in the Narthex.
- GENERAL CONVENTION. The Diocese of Texas needs to fill 600 additional shifts at the Episcopal Church’s General Convention, July 5-13 in Austin. Please sign up directly at http://bit.ly/GenConReg2018 or find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/general.convention. 2018.volunteers. Come and help show the rest of the Church our Texas hospitality. You can sign up for one or more shifts – whatever most fits your schedule!
- CARE NET WACO BABY BOTTLE BOOMERANG CAMPAIGN. Pick up a baby bottle any time between Mother’s Day, May 13 and Father’s Day, June 17. They will be available in the parish hall. Fill the bottle with your loose change, dollars or a check. All money collected will be used to buy diapers, formula, toiletries, and clothes for the mothers and babies at Care Net. If you have questions or want to know about what they do, call Judy Bauer, 254-744-4256.
- PARISH DIRECTORY. We are working on an updated photo directory. To help us, please add your family photo in CCB. Details and instructions are in the April newsletter. You can also send the photo to email@example.com.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL. Join us in the Parish Hall from 9-10 am for our Eastertide study on Leviticus led by Matt Lee Anderson. It’s a continuation of the smash hit Exodus study, so let’s bring our Bibles and dig in!
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY. Starting May 2 join us for our Bible study using N.T. Wright study guide on 2 Corinthians. This book is particularly helpful for seeing how God has helped churches dealing with divisions and reconciliation. We meet in the Parish Hall following the 6 pm Wednesday service for dinner and at 7:00 pm in the Library.
- HOLY LAND TOUR. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to explore the Holy Land in Israel and walk in the footsteps of Jesus? St. Paul’s Episcopal Church is hosting a trip to do just that! From Sep 1 – 9, an exciting tour of the Holy Land will take place. Registration for those interested has been extended until May 29. The cost is about $3,800 which is all inclusive except lunches. Space is limited so reserve your spot quickly! For more information, please contact Fr. Ray Waldon at 254-753-4501 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING GOOD NEWS
- COFFEE HOUR. Coffee and a light snack will be served in the parish hall after the 10:30 service on Sunday morning.
(Sign up to receive this weekly in your email below)